This fish sheet pan dinner with vegetables is the easiest thing ever to prepare…as sheet pan meals are! They are perfect for those nights after work, when my brain is half functioning; or for the mornings when I can’t decide what to pack for lunch. Sometimes, I make it when I need to clear my fridge of tired “vegetables”. What is there not to like out sheet pan meals?Jump to Recipe
The main appeal for sheet pan dinner (or lunch) is that the oven does all the work; so, it is easy to prepare and only requires one sheet pan. All you need to do is cut, spice, toss, throw in a pan; and chuck in the oven to allow the vegetables to roast. Now I wonder where sheet pan dinners have been all my life!
The fact that the sheet pan dinner is easy does not mean that it must be boring. This sheet pan fish was jazzed up with a combination of south Asian inspired spices to create a gorgeously delicious roasted vegetable and fish meal.
How To Make Fish Sheet Pan Dinner
I have shared this recipe to inspire you, but you don’t have to stop here or use the same ingredients. Use what you already have in your fridge and kitchen cupboard – Just chop, spice/season, toss in oil, pour into a sheet pan; and allow the oven to do its thing.
Take note that some vegetables are denser and take a longer time to cook than others, so may need to go into the oven before the others. I tend to prepare such vegetables first, then place them in the oven while I prepare other ingredients.
Remember to oil the ingredients. This is very important to stop them from drying out in the oven. Finally,…Be creative, and enjoy your sheet pan dinner.
Fish Sheet Pan Dinner
- Pre-heat the oven to 200OC.
- Mix the oil with the spices and the salt.
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes, toss with a teaspoon of the spice mixture.
- Pour the potatoes in a lined sheet pan and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place the cod fillets in a bowl add a tablespoon of the spice mixture. Turn the fillets around so they are coated with the mixture.
- Cut the peppers, mushrooms and onions into smaller pieces, and toss with the remaining spice mixture.
- Bring out the sheet pan from the oven. Place the vegetables and fish on the pan.
- Return into the oven for about 15 mins.