Thin crust, air fryer tortilla pizza with a crispy edge is tasty and quick to make. It is a great way to use up leftover tortilla wraps and vegetables. In addition, it makes a delicious cheap dinner at the end of the week or a quick breakfast at the weekend with only a few ingredients.
It is so easy to cook tortilla pizza in the air fryer, and kids can get involved by adding their preferred toppings. In 5 mins, one tortilla pizza is done, and another can go into the air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
Here are the ingredients you need...
- Mini wheat tortilla wraps
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
Notes about the ingredients...
- Tortilla Wrap: Wheat tortilla wrap is preferred for pizza. I used mini tortilla wraps because of the shape of my air fryer (I have a Ninja duo, which is oval). If you have an oval air fryer like me, you can cut regular tortilla in half to fit the tray. You can also substitute the tortilla with pitta – the oval shape works perfectly with the shape of the air fryer.
- Toppings: Air fryer tortilla pizza is easy to customise with your favourite toppings and vegetables. You can keep it simple and make a Margherita. Add some pepperoni, chicken breast slices or even egg to make it a breakfast pizza. Sprinkle your favourite cheese over it, and add the vegetables you like – mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and onions all work well. Make it yours. Be careful not to overload the pizza so it is not too heavy which makes it difficult to remove from the air fryer. I made the tortilla pizza below with left-over fresh mozzarella balls and tomato puree.
- Sauce: Feel free to use whichever pizza sauce you have. You could make your own sauce or buy pizza sauce like I did. You can also use marinara sauce as it works well for this recipe.
How To Make It...
Set the air fryer to 160 deg C.
Place the tortilla wrap in the air fryer tray and heat for 2 mins to crisp up.
Remove the tray from the air fryer.
Use a brush to apply the olive oil lightly over the tortilla.
Use a spoon to spread the sauce thinly over the tortilla wrap, then sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Arrange the vegetables over the mozarella.
Return the tray to the air fryer. Check after 5 mins. If not cooked, return and check every 1 min. Remove when the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the edges are crispy.
Bring out the tray from the air fryer. Leave for a few minutes to cool before removing the tortilla pizza.
Air Fryer Recipes to try...
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 Mini wheat tortilla wraps
- 1 tablespoon Pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shredded mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Mushrooms or a handful
- ¼ cup Cherry tomatoes or a handful
- Set the air fryer to 160°C.
- Place the tortilla wrap on the air fryer tray and heat for 2 mins to crisp up.
- Remove the tray from the air fryer.
- Use a brush to apply the olive oil lightly over the tortilla.
- Use a spoon to spread the sauce thinly over the tortilla wrap, then sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Arrange the vegetables over the mozarella.
- Return the tray to the air fryer. Check after 5 mins. If not cooked, return and check every 1 min. Remove when the cheese is melted and bubbly; and the edges are crispy.
- Bring out the tray from the air fryer. Leave for a few minutes to cool before removing the tortilla pizza.